Watch this cooking how-to video as Tracy cooks some traditional Jamaican curried goat. This curry recipe is full of spices and a little hot. Follow along with this Jamaican cooking lesson to learn how to make goat curry.
2lb (including bones) of goat meat - cut in to cubes (lamb may be used as a substitute)
2 tbsp curry powder
2 diced onions
2 scallions (or spring onions)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 hot chillies (ideally scotch bonnet)
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
6 cloves of minced garlic
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 tbsp butter
1/2 lb diced carrots
1/2 lb diced potato
Combine the curry powder, onions, scallion, salt, pepper, chillies, ginger, thyme and half a cup of water in a blender. Add more water if the ingredients do not mix well. Rub the mixture in to the cubes of meat, let marinade in the fridge overnight. Rub the mixture in to the cubes of meat, let marinade in the fridge overnight. Add the meat and butter to a frying pan and brown gently. Place the meat in a saucepan and add the potatoes, carrots and marinade then add enough water to cover the meat. Bring to the boil then let simmer until the meat is tender (this should take 1hr - 1.5 hrs). Serve with rice and peas.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades