- 2 ¼ lbs. ground pork
- 1 cup shrimp, minced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, minced
- 5 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 ¼ cups white mushroom, minced
- 1 pack of square wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup scallions, minced
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 raw egg
- Water for steaming
- Combine all the ingredients except for the water and wanton wrapper and mix thoroughly.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients using the won ton wrapper. (Watch the video for reference.)
- Using a steamer, steam the wrapped siomai (shaomai) for 15 to 25 minutes. The time depends on the size of each individual piece (larger size means more time steaming).
- Serve hot with kikkoman soy sauce and calamansi or lemon dip.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.