- 2 ¼ lbs. ground pork
- 1 cup shrimp, minced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, minced
- 5 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 ¼ cups white mushroom, minced
- 1 pack of square wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup scallions, minced
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 raw egg
- Water for steaming
- Combine all the ingredients except for the water and wanton wrapper and mix thoroughly.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients using the won ton wrapper. (Watch the video for reference.)
- Using a steamer, steam the wrapped siomai (shaomai) for 15 to 25 minutes. The time depends on the size of each individual piece (larger size means more time steaming).
- Serve hot with kikkoman soy sauce and calamansi or lemon dip.
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.