- 2 ¼ lbs. ground pork
- 1 cup shrimp, minced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, minced
- 5 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 ¼ cups white mushroom, minced
- 1 pack of square wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup scallions, minced
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 raw egg
- Water for steaming
- Combine all the ingredients except for the water and wanton wrapper and mix thoroughly.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients using the won ton wrapper. (Watch the video for reference.)
- Using a steamer, steam the wrapped siomai (shaomai) for 15 to 25 minutes. The time depends on the size of each individual piece (larger size means more time steaming).
- Serve hot with kikkoman soy sauce and calamansi or lemon dip.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades