- 2 ¼ lbs. ground pork
- 1 cup shrimp, minced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, minced
- 5 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 ¼ cups white mushroom, minced
- 1 pack of square wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup scallions, minced
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 raw egg
- Water for steaming
- Combine all the ingredients except for the water and wanton wrapper and mix thoroughly.
- Wrap the mixed ingredients using the won ton wrapper. (Watch the video for reference.)
- Using a steamer, steam the wrapped siomai (shaomai) for 15 to 25 minutes. The time depends on the size of each individual piece (larger size means more time steaming).
- Serve hot with kikkoman soy sauce and calamansi or lemon dip.