Skip Steele and Terry Black of the award winning Super Smokers BBQ Team share their method for making championship barbecue ribs.
Starting with a large slab of ribs, they apply a dry rub, which is a blend of spices. They explain that the resins in the spices combine with the meat juices to produce the flavor in the meat. The spices are applied evenly all over the meat. The key thing to remember is not to rub the spices around, just sprinkle them on.
They seal in the spices by piling light brown sugar all over the ribs, followed by another light dusting of the spices on top of the sugar.
The ribs will be on the barbecue for about four hours, during which time they are basted every hour with a special sauce. They give suggestions for the sauce, as well as the best woods to use for smoking.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades