The steak should be at room temperature so it will cook quickly and evenly. He heats some oil in the pan until it just starts to smoke and then puts in the steak. Steak should be turned only once during cooking. The Chef demonstrates how to test for rareness by touching the meat and then comparing with spots on the inside of the hand.
For a nice brown finish he melts a piece of butter in the pan and gives the steak a quick basting. The finished steak goes onto a plate with the butter over the top, and the result is a beautiful steak cooked just the way you like it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades