Nothing says summertime quite like a great cookout. Grilling is America's favorite pastime, and grilling chicken wings is king of the day, and these grilled wings with a may syrup, brown sugar, paprika, and soy sauce marinade are exquisite. Fire up the grill for this simple, delicious wing preparation. The sugars in the marinade caramelize beautifully on the grill and transform into a sticky, golden glaze. Don't throw away the marinade liquid - Brenton takes a small saucepan and brings the liquid to a rolling simmer on the grill to create a dipping sauce for the wings.
Serves 1 (but marinade can accommodate up to 12 chicken wings)
* 6 assorted chicken wings & drumsticks
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1 cup brown sugar
* ½ cup maple syrup
* 1 tsp paprika
1. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, maple syrup and paprika. Submerge chicken in the marinade, cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 8 hours to allow chicken to absorb flavors
2. Heat a cleaned, seasoned grill to medium-high (for gas grill). Once grill has reached proper temperature, situate chicken (placing wing pieces skin-side down). Grill first side 5 minutes, flip, grill other side 5 additional minutes (with the grill cover closed)
3. Meanwhile, place a small saucepan over hottest part of the grill. Once pan is hot, add marinade. Close grill cover to bring to a rolling simmer. Heat marinade for 6-8 minutes
4. Transfer chicken to the top rack of the grill. Close the grill cover and allow the chicken to rest 1-2 minutes to finish cooking. Remove saucepan (with potholders!) and transfer to serving dish to cool slightly while chicken finishes cooking
5. Remove chicken from grill. Plate and enjoy, using the heated marinade for dipping
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.