Mark Bittman shows us how to make Matambre, an Argentine dish, also known as Stuffed Flank Steak. Take a piece of flank steak and make a shallow cut about halfway down the thickness of the meat, and two perpendicular cuts on either end, then open it up into a large thin piece of meat. Lay it out and sprinkle it with salt, cumin, oregano and garlic. Add some carrot sticks, olives, pieces of onion, parsley, cilantro and watercress. Carefully roll it up into a long roll and secure it with twine.
Sear it on both sides in the pan until nice and brown; then roast it in the oven until it is cooked through. Then put a weight on it and refrigerate it overnight.
Cut off the twine and slice it, and this very impressive dish is ready to serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades