Everybody loves barbecue ribs, but not everybody wants to make them, cause they can be pretty messy. But they don't have to be a super messy dish, although messy usually means tastier. Check out this video recipe to see how to make BBQ rub and ribs.
Barbecued ribs are treated royally here with a rub, then smoked, baked and grilled. This is fall-off-the-bone, dripping down your arms, good stuff. You've seen rubs, you've tasted rubs, you've made rubs. You have not seen, tasted or made them all until you tackle this one. For a finishing touch, don't forget Eric's BBQ Sauce. You'll think you're in BBQ heaven.
Makes About 1 Quart of Rub
* 1 cups brown sugar
* 1 cups sweet Hungarian paprika
* ½ cups kosher salt
* ¾ cups chile powder (8 tbsp)
* 4 tbsp ground black pepper
* 2 tbsp celery seed
* 2 tbsp yellow mustard, ground
* 3 tbsp cumin, ground
* 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
* ribs of choice, as many as you want!
* 1 cup yellow mustard
Mix Rub Ingredients
1. Mix all ingredients together until well blended
2. Will keep in a Mason jar. Poke holes in the top to make a shaker
1. Apply yellow mustard liberally to both sides of the ribs
2. Smoke at 200º for 2 hours on the bottom rack of a grill, lid closed
3. Next, preheat oven to 250º
4. Wrap ribs in 2 layers of foil and add chunks of apples marinated in apple cider vinegar. Poor juices from he marinade over the ribs
5. Roast for 2½-3 hours in the oven
6. Remove from oven. Ribs are done when they start to separate from the bone
7. Remove apples and drain vinegar
8. Remove ribs from foil and place on sheet pan
9. Paint ribs with BBQ Sauce on both sides and place ribs on the grill on medium-high flame, meat side down
10. Grill for 10 minutes each side, brush with more sauce and serve
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.