Coarsely crush peppercorns in mortar with pestle. Season steaks with salt. Sprinkle peppercorns over both sides of steaks, pressing to adhere. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Meanwhile, heat bourbon in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until warm. Remove from heat; carefully ignite with match. Let burn 30 seconds, then cover to extinguish flame.
Transfer steaks to plates; tent with foil to keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon butter and shallots to drippings in skillet; sauté 2 minutes. Add stock and bourbon; boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add remaining 5 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking just until melted. Spoon sauce over steaks and serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades