In the mood for a classic hearty dish? Then watch this cooking how-to video to learn how to make a delicious beef stew. This beef stew recipe is great for camping.
* 1 pound beef, cut for stew
* 1 large onions, sliced
* 2 tsp. flour
* 1 pound potatoes, diced in one-inch pieces
* 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
* 1 cup tomatoes or puree/1 cup ketchup
* salt and pepper
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 tsp. paprika
* water to cover
Skillet on medium heat.
Braise beef until brown in crisco; add sliced onion and cook on med-low for fifteen minutes.
Then sprinkle flour lightly over meat and stir into juices.
Brown lightly, then add tomatoes and bay leaf.
Simmer contents in a pot for 1hr
Add carrots, boil for 1hr.
Add potatoes, boil for approx 1hr.
Boil carrots and potatoes separately, and when almost done add to the stew, with their juices.
Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
Add water to partly cover. Let simmer until blended and vegetables are tender but not mushy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades