Pour the water in a pot and bring to a boil.
Put in the beef cube and beef. Then boil until the meat is tender (about 1 to 2 hours if slowly cooked or 20 minutes if using a pressure cooker).
When the meat is tender, remove from the pot and allow to cool down. Do not throw away the stock used for boiling.
Slice the boiled meat in cubes and set aside.
Place the oil in a pan then heat-up. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and onion.
Put in the sliced meat and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes
Add the soy sauce, ground black pepper, sugar, and 1 cup of beef stock (stock used in boiling the meat). Then bring to a boil.
Put in the star anise and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Garnish with scallions on top.
Serve with Garlic Fried Rice and soup.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades