Whoa! Talk about an artery clogger! As if this super huge hot dog wasn't enough to induce a full-fledged heart attack, the deep fried bacon screams "heart failure" to the nth degree. If you're daring enough to eat this XL bacon-wrapped hot dog (and even more daring to serve it), then this video recipe will show you all the gory details.
Chef Todd Winer guilds the lily in an epic way with serious slabs of cheddar cheese. His own cucumber-mustard relish is a must-have condiment. Wear your breather pants and plan on some serious lounging after enjoying this baby. And enjoy it you will!
* ½ cup heated verjus (substitute sherry vinegar or lemon juice)
* 1 sprig of thyme
* 1 large cucumber, diced
* ¼ cup room-temperature verjus
* ½ white onion, chopped
* 2 canned roasted red peppers, diced
* ¼ cup yellow mustard
Hot Dog & Toppings
* extra-large hot dogs (Chef Todd is using Kobe beef but any large hot dogs or bratwurst will work)
* 1-2 slices smoked bacon per hot dog
* 3 cups canola oil
* brioche hot dog buns
* room temperature butter for buns
* minced red onions
* extra-sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
* cucumber spears (optional)
* wooden toothpicks or bamboo skewers
* deep-frying thermometer
* deep pot, fryalator or medium sauté pan
* oven-safe baking dish or sizzle platter
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.