Padma Lakshmi shows us a recipe from her cookbook on how to make mushroom flautas. They are flautas because they are made with flour tortillas and not corn tortillas.
- Sauté garlic in pan
- Add red chili, dill, oregano, thyme, and salt & pepper
- Add mushrooms and sauté mixture
- Make filling by cutting together 8 oz. feta cheese & 4 oz. ricotta
- Add mushroom mixture to cheese and mix together
- Put mixture into room temperature flour tortillas and roll tightly (inward to outward) and stick toothpick in to hold together.
- Add about 1" oil to pan and fry/cook rolled tortilla in oil until lightly brown
- Cut each flauta at a diagonal cut and plate
- Optional: top with cilantro
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.