Padma Lakshmi shows us a recipe from her cookbook on how to make mushroom flautas. They are flautas because they are made with flour tortillas and not corn tortillas.
- Sauté garlic in pan
- Add red chili, dill, oregano, thyme, and salt & pepper
- Add mushrooms and sauté mixture
- Make filling by cutting together 8 oz. feta cheese & 4 oz. ricotta
- Add mushroom mixture to cheese and mix together
- Put mixture into room temperature flour tortillas and roll tightly (inward to outward) and stick toothpick in to hold together.
- Add about 1" oil to pan and fry/cook rolled tortilla in oil until lightly brown
- Cut each flauta at a diagonal cut and plate
- Optional: top with cilantro
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course