Heat oil in a heavy based pot.
Add meat and fry it a little.
Add salt, chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder and ginger paste.
Mix well. Add a little water.
Dissolve flour in half a cup of water and add this to the meat and bring to boil.
Grind all the whole spices (spice mix).
Put all the ground spices in a fine cotton cloth bundle.
and add to meat.
OR grind them till powdery fine and add them to the meat.
Add 3-4 cups of water; cover and leave to tenderize on very low flame. It can take up to 5 - 6 hours if using chicken and more if using beef.
When meat has softened remove the bundle of spices and make the curry into desired consistency.
To Garnish--Fry some onion slices in a little oil until golden brown and add to Nihari.
Also garnish with fresh coriander, ginger and green chilies.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades