Rhubarbs aren't a commonly consumed leafy plant, but people are most definitely missing out on a unique and tangy explosion of flavor. Though the rhubarb's leaves cannot be eaten (they are mildly poisonous), their bright red stems add tartness to any dish they're tossed in.
Try out rhubarb for yourself - we promise you'll enjoy it! - by checking out the recipe for pork chops with rhubarb and port wine sauce in this video. Chicken stock and sugar balnce out the sharpness of the rhubarb.
4 cups chopped rhubarb
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup port wine
1 cup chicken stock
2 to 4 pork chops
The sauce is enough for 4 thick chops.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades