How to Make smoked pork shank with white beans
John from FoodWishes shows us how to make a beautiful and delicious smoked pork shank with white beans.
1. Buy a pork shank.
2. Soak 500 grams of white beans overnight.
3. Chop an union and put it in the oven.
4. Take butter and stir until it is translucent (5 minutes).
5. Add a couple cloves of chopped garlic (1 minute).
6. Add the smoked pork shank.
7. Throw in a couple of bay leaves.
8. Add a couple cups of chicken stock.
9. Add a quart of water.
10. Turn heat down to low.
11. Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
12. Add fresh rosemary.
13. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
14. Turn over pork shank.
15. Add beans.
16. Simmer for 1 hour.
17. Uncover and cook until it is tender (30 minutes).
18. Turn off heat and chill overnight.
19. Skim fat off the top.
20. Take out the pork shank and take of the meat. Slice up the meat.
21. Add fresh tomato and put the shanks back in.
22. When done, serve. Have a delicious meal!!