How to Make steak with stilton & mushroom sauce
Looking to make the perfect steak dinner but not sure about the details yet? Steal this recipe for steak with stilton & mushroom sauce to create a dinner that is sure to make stomach's happy. To make this meal you will need about twenty-five minutes and the following ingredients:
* 2tbsp light olive oil
* 2-4 fillet steak, each about 125-150g (4-5oz)
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 250g carton chestnut mushrooms, sliced
* 4tbsp masala
* 142-170ml carton double cream
* 100g (31/2oz) mature Stilton cheese, crumbled
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Season the steak with salt and pepper and add it to the hot oil. Cook the steak for 2-4 mins on each side, depending on how well you like the steak cooked. Remove the steak from the pan and keep it warm while making the sauce (this also gives the steak time to rest before serving it)
2. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins, or until they have softened and started to turn golden. Pour in the masala, and leave the mixture to bubble until the masala has reduced to about 1 tbsp, then pour the cream into the pan. Bring the cream to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce until it has thickened.
3. Add the crumbled Stilton to the pan and stir until it starts to melt. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if necessary.
4. Transfer the steak to serving plates and spoon the sauce over and serve immediately.