Don't wait for Cinco de Mayo to enjoy a Mexican meal – tacos are a tasty addition to any table any time.
You Will Need
* 1 lb. ground beef
* 1/2 c. diced onion
* A packet of taco seasoning
* 1 14 -ounce can black beans
* 1 14-ounce can frozen corn
* 1 package hard or soft taco shells
* Shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 jar of salsa
* 1 c. chopped lettuce
* 1 container sour cream
* A large pan
* 1 lb. diced or shredded chicken (optional)
* 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
* Soft taco shells (optional)
Step 1: Brown ground beef with onion
Brown the beef with the onion in large pan and drain. Return beef to pan.
For a healthy alternative, use diced or shredded chicken.
Step 2: Add taco seasoning
Add the taco seasoning and half cup water.
Step 3: Add black beans and corn
Add black beans and corn.
For spicy tacos, add a diced jalapeno pepper.
Step 4: Cook meat mixture
Cook the taco mixture over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Set out, buffet style, the taco mix, taco shells, shredded cheese, salsa, lettuce, and sour cream, and build your own tacos.
Fact: The first English-language recipes for tacos appeared in a 1914 cookbook, California Mexican-Spanish Cookbook.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades