Make a fantastic brisket for your next holiday meal. Brisket can be dry and bland when not done correctly so remind everyone just how delicious and oven-roasted beef brisket can be with this flavor popping recipe.
Learn the basics of preparing brisket in the oven for a tender, juicy main dish.
You Will Need
* 5 - 6 lbs. beef brisket
* 2 tbsp. salt
* 2 tsp. ground black pepper
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
* 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
* 8 celery stalks, cut into chunks
* 6 onions, sliced
* 6 fresh or dried bay leaves
* 1 46-oz. can tomato juice
* Heavy roasting pan
* Parchment paper
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the brisket in the roasting pan.
Step 2: Mix ingredients
In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano. Rub the mixture onto the brisket. Cover the brisket with the carrots, celery, onion, and bay leaves.
Step 3: Pour tomato juice
Pour the tomato juice on the brisket so that covers about three-quarters of the meat. Cover the pan with parchment paper; then with aluminum foil.
Don't let the foil touch the meat, since it will react with the tomato juice and affect the flavor.
Step 4: Bake
Bake for three to three and a half hours, until the meat is tender.
Test the meat by piercing the center of the brisket with a fork. If it goes in the meat easily, it's done.
Step 5: Remove brisket from pan
Remove the brisket from the pan and onto a plate. Allow it to rest. In the meantime, place the pan with the juice across two stovetop burners, and boil the mixture over medium heat for 30 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
Step 6: Slice and serve
Slice it thinly across the grain and serve with the sauce.
The fat in beef brisket from corn-fed steers contains nearly 50 percent oleic acid – the same monounsaturated fatty acid found in olive and canola oils.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades