In this video, from BBCFood, Chef Barney Desmazery shows us how to pan fry a sirloin steak to medium-rare perfection. First, of course, you need some sirloin steak, about 150 grams per portion. Look for a piece of steak that has some nice marbling of fat and nice color. The pan-frying method we're using to cook this sirloin steak can be applied to any piece of meat. You'll need a dry pan. Rub a bit of oil on the steak, and then add some salt (preferably sea salt) and pepper on both sides. Next, add a splash of oil to the pan. You can tell when the pan is hot when the oil starts to separate in the pan. Now put the steak into the pan, and move it around once. You want to get it nice and brown on the underside; about 3 minutes will be perfect. Then, flip it over and cook it the same on the other side. Then, with tongs, turn the steak on to its fat side and hold it there just long enough to get color on the fat. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes before carving into it and serving it. This will be a perfectly cooked steak! And there you have it - medium rare pan-fried steak. Get more step-by-step techniques and cooking clips at bbcgoodfood.com, from the BBC.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades