This video shows how to prepare a flank steak for searing. First, the tough skin on the outside of the steak needs to be removed to help improve tenderness. When slicing flank steak it is important to notice which way the muscle grain is running and slice across the grain. Slicing with the grain will give you a very tough piece of meat.
Take a sharp knife and score the steak in squares on both sides. This allows the salt or marinade to penetrate, and also helps with tenderizing. At this point the steak is ready to be marinated, overnight if possible.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades