This video is a demonstration of how to cook a perfect steak. She explains how to sear a steak in a cast iron skillet. She turns the burner on pretty high. She explains that a non-stick pan doesn't work well for this recipe, because a cast iron skillet is better for high heat. She uses a rib eye steak and takes it out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking so it won't be cold when it goes into the pan. She sprinkles the steak with salt, and freshly ground pepper. She puts unsalted butter into the hot pan, and when it's melted, puts the steak into the pan. Get a different plate to put the finished steak on a different plate, and warm it first. Don't nudge or squish the steak while it's cooking. To make a medium rare steak, let it cook on one side for about two minutes until it's nicely caramelized. Turn it only once. Use a meat thermometer and cook the steak until it's about 110 degrees in the center for medium rare. Let the meat rest for about five minutes after it's done cooking so all the juices will stay in the meat. This is a simple demonstration of the correct way to cook a steak.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades