- High quality bacon (such as Niman Ranch)
- Baking sheet with a 1/2"-3/4" lip (to catch the grease)
- Aluminum foil
Step 1 Prepare the oven and lay out your bacon.
"Put your oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay the bacon strips out flat on the baking sheet, leaving space so they don't overlap"
Step 2 Pop it in!
"Pop the bacon in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. If it's thick bacon that produces a lot of grease you'll want to drain the grease halfway through."
Step 3 Test for doneness.
"When the larger grease bubbles subside and smaller bubbles appear on the bacon, you know it's done. If the bacon is already firm in the oven then it's cooked to long. Bacon firms up as it cools, generally."
- "You can see the difference (pictured below) between the bacon on the left, which was baked for 15 minutes at 375°F and the bacon on the right, which was cooked for almost 20 minutes. Depending on how crispy you like your bacon, you can pull it out early or leave it in for a bit longer, but a couple of minutes makes a big difference."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades