Enchiladas are a Mexican staple that can be made with chicken, beef, or cheese. This easy recipe makes a tasty and satisfying meal.
You Will Need:
* 1 lb. boneless chicken or ground beef
* Vegetable oil
* A mixing bowl
* 1 1/2 c. enchilada sauce
* 1 c. grated cheddar and Monterey
* Jack cheeses
* 12 corn tortillas
* A rectangular baking dish
* 1 4-ounce can green chiles
* 2 c. sour cream, divided
Step 1: Brown the meat
Brown ground beef in a nonstick skillet, or cube the chicken and brown it in vegetable oil.
Step 2: Mix the filling
Drain the meat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese.
Add chiles and 1 cup sour cream if you're using these ingredients.
Step 3: Prepare the tortillas
Heat the tortillas in an oven or microwave.
Step 4: Fill the enchiladas
Spread enchilada sauce on the bottom of a rectangular baking dish. Spoon filling on the tortillas and roll them up.
Step 5: Bake
Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated, 350-degree oven.
Step 6: Serve
Top with sour cream to taste, if desired, and serve the enchiladas while they're hot.
Fact: The expression "the big enchilada" was popularized when advisors to Richard Nixon were heard using it on the Watergate tapes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades