Speed Eater Joey Chestnut beat six-time reigning world record holder Takeru Kobayashi, eating 66 hotdogs in only 12 minutes in July 2007.
How can we not admire his repulsive skills?
In this Time Magazine video, he dishes secrets on HowTo speed-eat.
Basically, it takes rhythm and lots of water.
Joey got his start where most binge consumption occurs - college. To prepare for competition he fasts. Next, he gorges on milk and water to stretch his stomach. He also holds records in grilled cheese and deep-fried asparagus eating.
The International Federation of Competitive Eating governs a multiplicity of contests.
Here are some other important eating world records: Eric Booker - 9.5lbs of peas in 12 minutesTimothy Janus - 10.5lbs of Ramen in 8 minutes (to win a Wii)Oleg Zhornitskiy - 128oz of mayonnaise in 8 minutes Sonya Thomas - 44 Maine lobsters in 12 minutes
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades