Looking for a fast way to thaw your meat without using the microwave? Thawing meat can be unhealthy if you do it without the proper care. Be safe! Here are two techniques that will give you great thawed meat that will be ready for dinner.
Thawing meat and poultry can be a confusing business and, when done unsafely, could lead you and your family to illness. There are really two optimal methods of thawing safely. Refrigerator thawing requires the most planning. A large frozen item requires at least 24 hours for every 5 pounds of weight. Smaller amounts of frozen food will require a full day to thaw. Cold water thawing is faster than refrigerator thawing, but does require more attention. It is important to place the food in a leak-proof plastic bag, ensuring no contamination from the air or surrounding area. The bag should be submerged in cold water, changing the water out every 30 minutes to continue thawing. A pound of food may defrost in an hour or less, and larger items will take longer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades