Put away seven hours of your time, because you're about to make seven hour leg of lamb. This is actually an easy dish to make, but takes about seven hours of roasting to complete, so start it early in the day. Try out the whole recipe here, for the seven hour lamb and minted cannelloni beans and gremolata.
Proven techniques such as larding (adding flavor directly into the meat) and use of a mirepoix (carrots, onions & celery) plus slow roasting produce an aromatic and perfectly cooked lamb. Sam Putnam from Ashmont Grill patiently and expertly takes us through the easy lamb prep and excellent side dish of minted cannellini beans.
* 6-8 lb leg of lamb, bone-in, but with shankbone removed
* 10-12 cloves of garlic, peeled
* 8 oil-packed anchovies
* ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1 large onion, rough chopped
* 1 carrot, rough chopped
* 4 ribs celery with green tops, rough chopped
* 1 cup white wine
* 1 qt chicken stock or water
* 1-2 bay leaves
* 4 cups cooked cannellini beans (or canned)
* 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, picked and washed
* olive oil
* ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, minced
* 1 tbsp garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.