This video takes us through the procedure of curing pork loin with salt and smoke. First step is to submerge the meat completely in a bucket with lots of salt, fennel seeds and pepper corns. Keep it for 12 days at room temperature. After 12 days, the meat will be cured significantly with most of the liquid out. It is even edible at this stage. The next step is to hung it properly for the process of smoking. In order to do that, you have to make some incisions on the meat with a knife and using a chop stick make two holes on it, nearer to each other. Insert a thick cord through the holes and tie it properly, so that you can hang the meat for smoking. Then hang the meat in a smoker at a temperature of 175F-200F for 12 hours. After smoking you have to hang it for 17 days. Once done you get a salty but delicious meat that can be kept for months in a temperature cooler than room temperature, without any damage.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades