Beef jerky is a nutritious and protein packed snack that is very easy to transport anywhere. By making your own beef jerky you can avoid unhealthy preservatives and will have truly terrific results if you choose a nice cut of meat. Things you'll need:
1/2 tsp. chopped dried garlic
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. liquid smoke
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. chopped dried onion
1 tsp. salt
2 lbs. lean beef (chuck or round)
Step 1. Trim all fat from meat.
Step 2. Freeze meat until solid enough to slice easily.
Step 3. Cut across grain into 1/8-inch slices.
Step 4. Cut slices into 1- to 1 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Step 5. Combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, hot sauce, dried onion, garlic, liquid smoke, salt and seasoned salt to make the marinade.
Step 6. Marinate meat overnight in refrigerator.
Step 7. Drain strips.
Step 8. Place strips on dehydrator trays. Don't overlap pieces.
Step 9. Dry for 4 hours at 140 degrees F.
Step 10. Turn strips and rotate trays.
Step 11. Dry for 6 to 8 hours or until jerky is dark, fibrous-looking and brittle enough to splinter when bent in half.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades