In this tutorial, Sandra Lee shows us how to make a family favorite rump roast with a new twist. Sandra adds a tangy Madeira wine sauce to her roast and creates an unexpected dinner. Try this twist next time you make a roast and you will surely impress even the pickiest eater.
You Will Need:
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 pounds beef rump roast, rinsed and patted dry
• Salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 cups roasted garlic and herb tomato sauce
• 3/4 cup Madeira wine
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
• 1 cup frozen carrot slices
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
Season the roast with salt and pepper.
Brown the roast on all sides, remove to a plate, and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Madeira, and garlic. Set aside.
To a slow cooker add the onions and carrots. Add the browned roast and any accumulated juices. Pour the sauce mixture over the top of roast.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades