This video tutorial shows you how to cook braised beef shanks.
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 beef shanks (about 1 1/2 inch thick)
3 large onions
1 bay leave
6 spring's thyme
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 sprigs rosemary
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 cups beef broth
Chives to garnish
Step 1: Cut the top and bottom of the onions. Cut the onions into slices with their grains, the same direction as those lines are going in the onions.
Step 2: Season the beef slices very well with salt and pepper on both sides.
Step 3: Fry them until brown in a pan on high temperature. Depending upon the size of the pan, fry them in batches. Do not force all together and apply some oil in it. Fry them on both sides.
Step 4: Change heat to medium. Fry your onions in the same pan with oil and seasoning in which you fried the beef.
Step 6: Once the onion is fried to gold, add two cups of beef broth.
Step 7: Pour the beef broth and onion into the beef pan. Turn down heat and braise on low for 3-4 hours.
Step 8: After 3-4 hours, take the beef bones from the pan and serve them separately.
Step 9: Turn the heat to medium high and stay till it becomes thickened.
Delicious beef shanks are now ready to be served.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades