During the winter, there's nothing we want more than to cuddle up in front of the fireplace and nom on something warm. Serve up a delicious entree that will warm the bellies of your family this holiday by preparing this Yankee chuck beef pot roast.
Deeply flavored and so tender it'll fall apart once it hits your tongue, this pot roast is a great dish to prepare on a budget.
Yankee Magazine's Annie B. Copps shares a classic New England entrée that's made entirely in one pot. Inexpensive top round or chuck roast gets a slow braise in red wine, beef stock and aromatics (carrots, celery, onions and garlic). After a leisurely 3½ - 4 hours in the oven, the roast is done and while it rests, Annie uses an immersion blender to purée the vegetables and braising juices - again in the same pot - to make the flavorful gravy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades